1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Kinda. If I'm doing something for a child or for an animal, then something washable is appropriate. I hate weaving ends, so 100% wool with a spit join is bliss, but I've been doing some things with silk blends lately that won't do that. So...kinda, but in a good way.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin. I learned to crochet at around 7, and did it a lot until I started knitting. It really taught me how to control tension, so I think I had a good start at knitting to gauge. I love knitting right now, though, and haven't looked back.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
I started my first project last Halloween.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, the Amazon wishlist is on my blog.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lemongrass or Verbena - something fresh. I avoid anything that smells like food. I have enough cravings as it is.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I've started making stitchmarkers and would like to move on to jewelry. I cross-stitched for a while. I love to put furniture together but I'm out of room in my apartment. I've loved photography for as long as I could hold a camera.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I really don't listen to much music. I listen to NPR in the car. I like everything from Fiona Apple to Bossa Nova to the Black Crowes. OK, I really love the Black Crowes, but I've listened to everything they've recorded so many times during their "break-up" that I'm taking a break now that they're back together until the new album comes out.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm not a big fan of yellow or magenta, but everything else is cool. I like muted, natural shades of greens, creams and browns the best.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single, never married, hence the "Spinster" nome de plume. 2 cats.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I've stopped dreaming. Nothing has turned out like I wanted it to, so I'm just seeing where I end up.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Knitpicks Elegance was dreamy. Manos is awesome too. Mission Falls 1824 has some great colors if I need to make something washable. Anything soft is great.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not a big fan of some of Noro's blends - they're scratchy.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
The Dulaan Project has consumed all of my knitting energies. The Boyfriend Hoodie that I started months ago is nagging at me, though. I really want to make a twin set next but I don't know what with yet. I'm a 43" bust too, so finding a pattern is difficult.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Baby sweaters lately. Scarves are fun for about 2 feet, then get old. I haven't done much else yet.
17. What are you knitting right now?
See #15 and #16.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
By the time I got around to doing one they'd be out again.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Both. It really depends on the yarn. Lantern Moons are great, but Addi Turbos are my true favorite.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
All depends on the yarn.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
Out of book, initially, then with my local group.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmmm...I'm not sure. 6 months?
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Animated character would be someone from Mucha Lucha or Shaolin Showdown. I like otters too.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't have one. Any day I don't have to go to work is a holiday. I'm a buddhist in a catholic family, so some holidays are just for me and some I participate in out of duty.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yes, but I have to stop all of that. I'm collecting too much stuff in my apartment and I need to purge. I have some depression glass and cocktail shaker collections that are in storage, but now the only things I keep copious amounts of are books.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't subscribe to any - I prefer the elation of seeing a new issue at the bookstore.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Always. See #5.