1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I rarely like 100% wool. I like alpaca and silk blends and sock yarn that's 75%wool, 25% nylon (especially Lime & Violet yarn). I've used just about everything except soy and bamboo - and would really like to try those. My favorite by far is Sea Silk.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a vase that I stand all of my needles and spindles in. I like to look at them. My dpns are in a zippered pencil case and the circs are in a woven box.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I started knitting about 4 years ago. I've known how to crochet for as long as I can remember, but I rarely do it anymore. I'd say that I'm an intermediate knitter. Nothing really scares me off, but I don't know how to adjust patterns to fit better or "designer" type stuff. I'm still learning new ways to cast on.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do but I don't think it's very accurate right now. There are some books that I need for my Ravelry queue.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Lemongrass or verbena - I like fresh natural scents like that. I avoid anything that smells like food or coffee - gives me the munchies.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like dark chocolate, but really have to ration it. I'm on a serious diet in preparation for a trip to Japan next year.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have done some beaded jewelry and enjoyed that. I got a sewing machine last winter but haven't taken it out of the box yet. I'd like to do some tote bags and quilts. I don't see myself making clothes with it. I have a drop spindle that I practice with every couple months.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Lately I've been listening to a lot of Japanese stuff. I rarely listen to the radio so I'm not familiar with the top 40 of anything. My ipod is loaded with more podcasts than music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
This year my favorite colors are in the teal, aqua, robins egg range. I'm not a big fan of yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm single and share my home with two cats, Mitsy and Maggie.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I don't wear ponchos, but do wear the rest.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Lace shawls are my favorite.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm knitting a couple baby sweaters and a couple of baby afghans for charity. I've got a clapotis going as well as a couple scarves. I'm deciding which shawl I want to do next.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
It all depends on what I'm knitting. I don't really like plastic needles, and use aluminum ones only during the summer when knitting with cotton. I use Addis most of the time. I love my Lantern Moons the most.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes and yes.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Years. It's a blue scarf that I could probably finish in a day if I really tried. But for some reason I never do.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't think I have one. I like them all.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really. I'm trying to de-stuff.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any subscriptions - I buy them from my LYS. I can't think of anything that I'm dying to get. Anything Japanese is interesting to me, and I've wanted to learn how to make Norwegian and Latvian style mittens for a while.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm just beginning to learn color stranding. I started a pair of Anemoi mittens.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Only during the summer. I wear a size 11 shoe, so I only make a pair or two a year. I only wear them to sleep in during the winter, so I make them pretty loose and comfy. For some reason, though, this year I have amassed an obscene amount of sock yarn.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, and I'm "Jenn".